Date: 4/29/18 9:21 am
From: 'Stephen Whitney' via NHBirds <nhbirds...>
Subject: [NHBirds] FOY American Bittern, Lakes Region
<nhbirds...>
"Stephen Whitney" <swhit_41...>
Subject: FOY American Bittern, Lakes Region
>> 4/29/2018 10:30 AM, Sunday

**>> Blake Road Wetlands, Meredith
Rte 104, turn onto Upper New Hampton Rd, next immediate left is Blake Rd.
** American Bittern. FOY.
Stands absolutely still head pointed upward,by bog side of road. Full view of entire body including yellow legs and partial view of long toes (which did not appear to be webbed).
Even though no more than a underhand toss away, binoculars helpful to confirm I was not looking at a spectacular avian shaped piece of wood.  Takes off somewhat ponderously in the rain as I slowly drive past.