Date: 4/28/18 3:05 pm
From: Tom Wood <tcwood729...>
Subject: [wisb] Wehr Nature Center this morning/ Milwaukee County
The trails around Mallard Lake were hopping this morning, and the
bird-of-the-day was Ruby-crowned Kinglet. There were dozens, most with their
crests exposed and raised and they were constantly singing. There were fewer
numbers of Golden-crowned Kinglets, but they were very active too.
I saw about 10 Yellow-rumped Warblers and 2-3 Palm Warblers (FOY). A (FOY)
House Wren was a delight, because he perched nearby and gave it his all, his
small body shaking as he poured out his song. Other FOY birds seen were
Chimney Swifts, and a Spotted Sandpiper.
A Wild Turkey was rather amusing because he stood in the amphitheater area,
just gobbling his heart out. I, and I presume he, didn't see any hens, so he
didn't give his spread tail display.
Thomas Wood, Menomonee Falls, Waukesha County

http://www.avg.com