Date: 4/28/18 2:13 pm
From: Tom Lawler <tjlawler...>
Subject: [COBOL] April 28th Sunriver Bird Walk
Today's Sunriver Nature Center bird walk, with six participants, ended up
with 32 species. Not all species seen by the walkers since I arrived an hour
early. It was a chilly morning and the walk ended in rain. Definitely a drop
from last week's species count because of the weather. But, rain did not
dampen our spirits because everyone in the group got to watch a Great Gray
Owl for 20-25 minutes. Everyone in the group also enjoyed watching a
Red-tailed mantling its prey and then flying off with Belding's Ground
Squirrel in talons. Numbers for Red-winged Blackbirds, Tree Swallows and
Brewer's BB are just a wild guess at most places. I think Brown-headed
Cowbirds were far more numerous than I cared to count.

Next walk on May 5th at 9:00 am. Contact Sunriver Nature Center to signup.

Tom

Mary McCallum Park

Canada Goose 7

Mallard 4