Date: 4/28/18 7:35 am
From: <fkaluza...> <fkaluza...>
Subject: Re: [birders] OT: Monitoring a nest site using an automated camera
Prices are coming down all the time Bob.  There are several systems with rechargeable batteries, solar panels and which stream over cellular connections.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

On Sat, Apr 28, 2018 at 10:07, Bob Bethune<bobbethune...> wrote: I have a probable nest site on my property that I'd like to monitor more intensively than I can do using my own eyes.
I'm thinking of using some sort of automatic camera--similar to a trailcam. I have a trailcam, but I know by experience that it just doesn't work for birds.
Has anybody used equipment of this sort with good success? If so, what make/model?'
It needs to be a stand-alone recorder or camera. A webcam setup won't work; it's too far from the house to get to my router.
Thanks!

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/CAHsrc%2B%3Du%2BsykBFiQraG7Suo4LDFKHPsbhe6gY83P-hL%<2B0wQMvA...>

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org