Date: 4/27/18 2:31 pm
From: 'Derek and Jeannette Lovitch' via Maine birds <maine-birds...>
Subject: [Maine-birds] This Week's Highlights and New Arrivals, 4/21-27
Hi all,

My observations of note over the past seven days, as the migratory floodgates finally opened, included:
- 6 Dunlin, Winslow Park, Freeport, 4/21 (with Saturday Morning Birdwalk group).
- 7 Lesser Scaup, Sabattus Pond, Sabattus, 4/23 (with Zane Baker).
- 125+ Yellow-rumped Warblers, 60+ Palm Warblers, 15+ Swamp Sparrows, 8+ Ruby-crowned Kinglets, 1 Great Egret, etc, Florida Lake Park, Freeport, 4/24.
- Wharton Point, Brunswick, 4/25.
1 continuing imm. SNOW GOOSE
2 drakes and 1 hen NORTHERN SHOVELERS continuing
200+ White-winged Scoter
~100 Scaup (~45 Greater, ~35 Lesser, ~25 too far)
- 5 species of warblers, Florida Lake Park, Freeport, 4/26: 250+ Yellow-rumped, 100+ Palm, 4+ Pine, 1 Black-and-white (FOY), and 1 Black-throated Green (FOY); 20+ Ruby-crowned Kinglets, etc.

And my other personal FOY's this week were:
- 1 Barn Swallow, Florida Lake Park, 4/22.
- 1 Spotted Sandpiper, Florida Lake Park, 4/24.
- 1 Rusty Blackbird, Florida Lake Park, 4/24.
- 1 Snowy Egret, Wharton Point, 4/25.
- 1 PURPLE MARTIN, Florida Lake Park, 4/26.
- 4 Northern Rough-winged Swallows, Florida Lake Park, 4/26.
- Eastern Towhee, Bradbury Mountain Hawkwatch, 4/27: my 134th Patch Bird!

And don't forget about Feathers Over Freeport this weekend (see yesterday's post). The full schedule is here: www.maine.gov/feathersoverfreeport

-Derek

Derek and Jeannette Lovitch

Freeport Wild Bird Supply