Date: 4/27/18 12:39 pm
From: Gail Mackiernan <katahdinss...>
Subject: Re: [MDBirding] read and weep
We are going to put in our Rock Creek Park DC data into eBird, and it will also make people take note - from early 1990s to about 5 years ago, the significant declines of neotropical migrants is obvious. Some of this might reflect changes in habitat/vegetation in the park and also, the extensive development around the city which has cut off this “green corridor” through DC at the top and bottom ends. But most, I am afraid, is due to actual population declines.

Gail Mackiernan
Colesville, MD

Sent from my iPad