Date: 4/27/18 8:10 am
From: Deapesh Misra via VA-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [VA-bird] Cerulean Warbler - UOSA (Fairfax County)
Hi,
There was one CERULEAN WARBLER at the Occoquan Sewage Plant (UOSA) this morning. It even had two bands on its left leg (a red band followed by a silver metallic one).The eBird list is here: https://ebird.org/atlasva/view/checklist/S44987999

Generally speaking, for the past few days:
Warblers: Apart from the CERULEAN, I only saw YELLOW-RUMPED WARBLERs today. A COMMON YELLOWTHROAT was seen here day before yesterday.
Terns: CASPIAN TERNs have been visiting the pond at least a couple of times. It is amazing to hear their loud calls and see them dive for fish.

Sparrows: Mostly CHIPPING SPARROWs, WHITE-THROATED SPARROWs and SONG SPARROWs. Few days ago, I saw a pair of SAVANNAH SPARROWs but they seemed to be guests of this location for one day only.
Gulls: The RING-BILLED GULLs are not here yet. (I seem to have missed seeing the Bonaparte's Gulls).
Swallows & Swifts: TREE SWALLOW, BARN SWALLOW and NORTHERN ROUGH-WINGED SWALLOW are usually present. CHIMNEY SWIFTs are seen occasionally.
The OSPREY pair is busy working on its nest. A BALD EAGLE can be seen at the pond most of the days at the far end of the pond.
WOOD DUCK, SPOTTED SANDPIPER, EASTERN BLUEBIRD are usually seen while CANADA GOOSE, MALLARD, NORTHERN MOCKINGBIRD, EUROPEAN STARLING, COMMON GRACKLE, AMERICAN GOLDFINCH are usually tough to miss.
cheers,_________ -Deapesh.