Date: 4/26/18 7:13 pm
From: Bob Bethune <bobbethune...>
Subject: Re: [birders] Robins starving
To my mind it is not odd that we see small numbers of dead birds; what is
odd is that we see so few. The population is large and the lifespans are
short. That being said, it does seem that the unseasonable weather we’ve
had this April has been hard on arriving migratory birds. However, given
that robins do manage to be present year-round in our area, I suspect
current mortality levels are not unusual.

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/CAHsrc%2BknTj6z%<3Dxujh-oEPZ57hRJEViXi5m78b21tvVB1Vz0gvA...>