Date: 4/25/18 7:21 pm
From: Marcia Watson <marshwren50...>
Subject: Re: [MDBirding] [Somewhat off topic] please recommend a hat with neck protection
Another alternative is to wear a normal sun hat with brim instead of one with a flap hanging down over your neck, and drape a small towel over your neck and shoulders. When it’s very hot, the towel can be soaked in water for instant and continuous cooling as well as sun protection. I have used this method in very hot desert conditions as well as around here. It works very well for me.

Marcia
Marcia Watson
Patuxent Bird Club
A Chapter of the Maryland Ornithological Society
www.patuxentbirdclub.org

Bowie, Maryland
<marshwren50...>