Date: 4/25/18 7:42 am
From: William Freedberg <4mrfish...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Re: Help with Eastern Meadowlark surveys
Massbirders,

The link to the signup sheet in the previous post was broken. The correct
link is https://goo.gl/niotRN . Please excuse the technical issues. Thank
you to tall who have signed up already (and to those who tried to sign up
but were initially unable to)!

Thank you,
Will Freedberg

P.S. We still need some help especially from folks in Western MA, Amherst,
Nantucket and Martha's Vineyard!

On Thu, Apr 19, 2018 at 4:45 PM, William Freedberg <4mrfish...>
wrote:

> Birders,
>

> The Massachusetts Audubon Society is seeking volunteers to help with
> Eastern Meadowlark monitoring. Eastern Meadowlarks are in serious decline
> in MA and nationwide, and it’s critical that we learn more about their
> habits and habitat if we want to protect them.
>

> Anyone interested in volunteering should visit our Anecdata webpage (
> https://www.anecdata.org/projects/view/187/about ) and select from our
> list of predetermined survey sites. To view sites on a map, click on “add
> an observation,” then click “use a hotspot” in the upper left, and then
> click “map.” There is a link to a signup list ( https://goo.gl/niotRN )

mentioned in the project description, and volunteers should put their name
> down for sites to avoid doubling up and wasting effort.
>

> Surveys involve visiting a site on three days between April 20 and June
> 15, for any ten-minute period between 5:30AM and 9:30AM, (visits should be
> separated by a period of at least three days). Not all of our sites may
> have meadowlarks, and that’s perfectly fine— knowing where they *aren’t, *and
> figuring out why, is just important to us as knowing where they *are*.
>

> MA has lost over 78% of its meadowlarks since the first breeding bird
> atlas in 1979. Please help us learn more about this species and how to
> pull its MA population out of its sharp decline!
>

> Good birding,
>

> Will Freedberg
>
> Belmont, MA
>
> 4mrfish at gmail. com