Date: 4/25/18 5:51 am
From: Howard Wu <howiewu1...>
Subject: [MDBirding] [Somewhat off topic] please recommend a hat with neck protection
Hi,

Sorry if this is off topic (I do see posts requesting for gear recommendations, so I thought this would somewhat fall into the "gear" category) --

I sometimes see birders wear hats/caps with a neck flap. I think this is great in the summer as it gives more protection from the sun. But I went to a few stores, they did not have them. For myself, I will go to the tropics this year, and I don't want to be baked by the equatorial sun!

What would you recommend -- which brands, where to get them, etc.?

Thanks in advance,
Howard Wu
Herndon, VA