Date: 4/23/18 4:56 pm
From: Tom Lawler <tjlawler...>
Subject: Re: [COBOL] Nuthatches, holes in houses, and boxes
Mary,

I have loads of Nuthatches around the house and also loads of nest boxes. I have nest boxes hung on the house (with Nuthatches in attendance), on trees and on posts. No Nuthatch has ever tried to drill into the house. If you can put your houses on posts then do it. I have them at varying heights from 4-7 ft off the ground. I don’t know what you mean by “close to one another” but I have boxes 10-15 ft apart and Chickadees and Nuthatches all live in harmony.

Tom

Birds are indicators of the environment. If they are in trouble, we know we'll soon be in trouble - Roger Tory Peterson