Date: 4/23/18 9:14 am
From: Tristan Lowery <tristanlowery...> [hmbirds] <hmbirds-noreply...>
Subject: [HMBirds] 4/23 - Albany waterfront: Black-crowned Night-Heron
This morning while birding the Albany waterfront, I flushed a *Black-crowned
Night-Heron* near the combined sewer overflow outfall pipe that empties
into the Hudson by the U-Haul on Broadway, just south of the Dunn Memorial
Bridge. (To be absolutely clear, I mean “flush” as in causing the bird to
take flight, and not “flush” in the wastewater disposal sense.) The
night-heron crossed the Hudson lazily, then followed the opposite shoreline
south a bit, before settling in a tall tree on the Rensselaer side.

Many of the landbirds I’ve seen during recent visits to Corning Riverfront
Park in the past week seem to have gone (mostly kinglets and sparrows), and
haven’t yet been replaced by new arrivals. Perhaps tomorrow.

Tristan Lowery

Albany

Join us on Facebook!