Date: 4/23/18 4:27 am
From: 'Jeff Schultz' via Birders <birders...>
Subject: Re: [birders] Trapped loons
This can be done, obviously if done right. Years ago, I assisted in capturing and banding loons on breeding territory. This was done at night, from canoe with flashlights, a big salmon net and using a recorded call of young loons(if I remember right)

This is not a breeding bird on territory, obviously, but I wonder if the same plan of attacking would work?

I believe any attempt at capturing this bird needs to be done at night.

Joe Kaplan or David Evers would be two perfect men to get a hold of for advice

Jeff

Sent from my iPhone

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/<B56D61CF-C60C-4533-BE7A-BEB8E5921355...>