Date: 4/22/18 11:18 am
From: Jim & Bonnie Miller <jbmillerster...>
Subject: Great Egrets
We live north of McPherson in McPherson County. We have a pond which attracts ducks and herons each year. This year with the lack of rain, the pond is very low and the fish are easy to catch which the birds love.

This morning we had five Great Egrets and several Great Blue Herons. The Great Blue Herons come every season as there is a Great Blue Heron Rookery near us south of Maxwell Game Preserve on 27th avenue.

We would like to know if anyone is aware of a rookery for the Great Egrets near us.

Jim & Bonnie Miller
<millbonnie...> <mailto:<millbonnie...>
https://listserv.ksu.edu/ksbird-l.html
For KSBIRD-L guidelines go to