Date: 4/22/18 10:00 am
From: Marc Ribaudo via VA-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [VA-bird] Great-crested flycatcher, hooded and wormn-eating warblers, Prince William Co.
I helped Phil Silas survey the new Civil War battlefield preserve on Cockpit Point in Dumfries this morning. We encountered a number of migrants and new arrivals during our bushwhacking. These included several worm-eating warblers, a silent great-crested flycatcher, a heard-only eastern kingbird, orchard oriole, and savannah sparrow. Along Possum Point Road we found a green heron and a solitary sandpiper in one of the ponds. Prior to meeting Phil I birded Breckinridge Road before dawn and heard a FOY hooded warbler, along with very vocal ovenbirds and black-and-white warblers.

Marc Ribaudo
<moribaudo...>