Date: 4/20/18 7:24 pm
From: Nancy Young via VA-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [VA-bird] FOS Catbird and RT Hummer
Yesterday morning I looked out the back window and saw our first Catbird of
the year. Then I walked to the front window and there was our first
Ruby-throated Hummingbird. I was glad I had hung up the hummer feeder even
though we see very few until late July. Towhees have been around since
February 12 – males only. I have only seen a female once or twice in the
three years we have lived here. The Juncos and White-throated Sparrows are
still hanging around. A female Red-belly shows up most days year round. But
starting April 6 a male has been coming around for the first time.

Nancy Young
Botetourt County