Date: 4/16/18 4:17 pm
From: <mvjohnski...>
Subject: [cobirds] Black Phoebe in San Luis Valley
Yesterday in Rio Grande Gorge, south of Lobatos Bridge, I saw a Black
Phoebe (Conejos County). There are less than a dozen reports in my
database, and we get this species every few years. Ironically, the first
SLV record that I am aware of was one found by Hugh and Urling Kingery in
1996 in the same area. I would suspect they nest somewhere in there. Would
be a good summer trip and I would wear my snake gaiters as this is a good
area to find a snake too!

John Rawinski
Monte Vista, CO