Date: 4/16/18 12:06 pm
From: Andrew Baksh <birdingdude...>
Subject: [nysbirds-l] Brooklyn Coastal Highlights
I made several stops along Brooklyn Coastal during the earlier downpours albeit a bit late in the morning.

Highlights included, 42 Bonaparte’s Gulls at Gravesend Bay (Middle Parking Lot). The rains created some pools and Gulls were gathering there - though nothing unusual in the mixed flock.

At Drier Offerman I also connected with the massive flock of Bonaparte’s mentioned by Sean Sime. While no unusual Gull turned up in that flock, I did manage to pull out a Common Tern from among the Gulls. A Wilson’s Snipe and Louisiana Waterthrush were other highlights from that location.

Later at Floyd Bennett Field I managed 6 Lesser Black-backed Gulls, all adults. Quite good given that I had arrived there later than I would have liked.

Cheers,

“He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.” - Nietzsche

--------
"I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring the ridicule of others, rather than to be false, and to incur my own abhorrence." ~ Frederick Douglass

風 Swift as the wind
林 Quiet as the forest
火 Conquer like the fire
山 Steady as the mountain