Date: 4/16/18 11:24 am
From: Eric Arnold <eba...>
Subject: Re: [birders] First birds (oops!)
I reported recently that I had seen an oriole under my feeders, and I
believed I had until I saw a towhee under my feeder just a few minutes ago,
and I realized that I could have mistaken it (and very probably did) for an
oriole under the conditions (brighter light and limited viewing angle &
time). I have not seen many towhees, so that did not spring to mind and I
jumped to the conclusion, being in a hurry at the time to be somewhere
else. When this appeared again today, I soon realized that this was not an
oriole and that it might very well have been the same bird I saw on
Saturday. This time I had more time to observe it and saw the white
underparts, which I had not seen in the brief view before.

Anyway, I did get some photos this time which I believe confirm my
mistake. Here's one:

Sorry about that!

Eric​

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org