Date: 4/16/18 11:00 am
From: David Gibson <20cabot...>
Subject: Re: [MASSBIRD] Migratory Bird Treaty Act changes
Suzanne, Would appreciate a more thoughtful response. A little less
passion, and a little more reason. Coolly refute some of the points made in
the article. The article isn't propaganda (let alone 'right wing'), but
represents another, but perhaps not prevailing, point of view. I, and many
others (including serious birders), do not think that changes to the MBTA
that reflect its original interpretation/implementation will be calamitous
for birds or the environment. Dave Gibson, Chesapeake, VA

On Mon, Apr 16, 2018 at 8:29 AM, Suzanne Sullivan <swampy435...>
wrote:

> Wow what a bunch of right wing propaganda. What an insult to the
> intelligence of birders. The “dewatering" of the migratory bird act is
> nothing more than to give relief to corporations in the energy sector for
> “inadvertently” killing birds with turbines and oil spills. Plain and
> simple. How about really “draining" the real swamp instead of protections
> for birds.
> Suzanne Sullivan
> Wilmington Ma <swampy435...>
>
> On Sun, Apr 15, 2018 at 5:53 PM, David Gibson <20cabot...> wrote:
>
>> Hi all, For folks who are concerned about changes that have been made to
>> the above, here is an article that hopefully will shed some light on those
>> changes. It isn't all gloom and doom. https://www.heritage.org/crime
>> -and-justice/commentary/bird-regulation-might-have-made-
>> you-criminal-not-anymore
>> Dave Gibson Chesapeake, VA
>>

> --
> Suzanne M. Sullivan
> Wilmington, MA
> <swampy435...>
>
> "The self evident vision of who we are as a free and caring nation, and
> the ideal to fulfill this destiny is stronger than the division of those
> who's only vision is of themselves. “ SMB
>
> Be the Voice of the River
> http://www.ipswichriver.org

Join us on Facebook!