Date: 4/16/18 8:07 am
From: 'The \Nunn Guy\' via Colorado Birds <cobirds...>
Subject: [cobirds] Mountain Plover [Weld]
Hi all

I went out to the Pawnee National Grassland for two reasons yesterday-find
plovers and experience Weld CR 96. The Keota site is the most reliable for
plover of late last 3-4 years--last year had seven here)

I found six Mountain Plover (photos
<http://coloradobirder.club/m/photos/browse/album/Pawnee-National-Grassland-West-Briggsdale/>)
in total:

- Weld CR 96 .6m west of Weld CR 61
- Mountain Plover - 2 in burn area
- Weld CR 96 .4m west of Weld CR 61
- Mountain Plover - 2 (one on each side of road)
- Weld CR 100 (1.5m west (on Weld CR 100) of intersection of Weld CR
100/Hwy 390 in Keota)
- Mountain Plover - 2

My Weld CR 96 experience ... from Weld CR 57 to Weld CR 61 it was sad to
see shotgun shells all over the place at every FS admin use service road as
well as trash in the shoulder areas of the road. Along with Baker Draw
Recreational Shooting Complex having 6-7 cars there were 4 cars at
aforementioned FS admin use road pullouts. East of Weld CR 61 to Hwy 77
did not see any recreational shooters on Weld CR 96 nor any noticeable
shotgun shells or trash that I saw west of Weld CR 61.

I'm meeting with Pawnee District Ranger this afternoon for a conversation
let you know how that goes.

Thanks Gary Lefko, Nunn

http://coloradobirder.club/