Date: 4/16/18 5:46 am
From: Andrew Baksh <birdingdude...>
Subject: [nysbirds-l] 4-15 Northern Gannett show Kings Co.
I was treated to a spectacular Northern Gannett show this morning at Ceaser’s Bay Brooklyn, with well over 1000, actively fishing. They all seemed to stay north of the Verrazano Bridge and I verified that by checking several other spots north of that location.

The only other highlights of note from covering other Brooklyn Coastal sites were two Lesser Black-backed Gulls, a 2CY and 1CY (calendar year). Both observed at Coney Island Creek.

Surprisingly, not a lot of Gulls at the usual loafing spots along the belt (Gravesend Bay). Some were just too far out to get a definitive ID on. Though I did look carefully, hoping for something of interest.

Cheers,

--------
"I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring the ridicule of others, rather than to be false, and to incur my own abhorrence." ~ Frederick Douglass

風 Swift as the wind
林 Quiet as the forest
火 Conquer like the fire
山 Steady as the mountain