Date: 4/16/18 5:05 am
From: Nancy Tognan <nancy.tognan...>
Subject: [nysbirds-l] "Birding by Ear on L.I. - Spring Warbler Songs" - Queens County Bird Club Presentation this Weds. April 18
The Queens County Bird Club will be meeting at the Alley Pond Environmental Center, 228-06 Northern Blvd Douglaston, NY 11362 >Map of location< <http://goo.gl/8cnmjT> at 8:00 pm this Wednesday, April 18, 2018. Free admission. Refreshments served.

Stephane Perreault will present ”Birding by Ear on Long Island: Spring Warbler Songs.”
This program is for birders who would like to learn or review warbler songs as we enter the core of spring migration. The songs of 30 locally common and uncommon warblers will be presented in practical learning groups. Traditional tools such as digital recordings, sonograms, and catchy phrases will be used to get a handle on the identification of our warblers by ear.
Stephane Perreault is a graduate of McGill University, where he conducted research on the American Redstart. Since moving to Long Island in the mid 90’s he has pursued a diversified career in laboratory biology and has remained an avid birder. He is currently a staff ornithologist at the Seatuck Environmental Association and leads the organization’s bird surveys at Greentree and other locations.

Nancy Tognan

<nancy.tognan...> <mailto:<nancy.tognan...>
Vice President, Queens County Bird Club

See http://www.qcbirdclub.org <http://www.qcbirdclub.org/> for more information on trips, speakers, and other events.

See our 'Birding Maps & Locations' page for directions to and info about many local birding hotspots

* QCBC is a tax exempt, charitable organization {501c3}. *

ARCHIVES:
3) http://birding.aba.org/maillist/NY01

http://ebird.org/content/ebird/