Date: 4/15/18 5:35 am
From: Shea Tiller via VA-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [VA-bird] Cliff swallows, warblers, turkey + others@ Cumberland, Buckingham, and Fluvanna
Hi, all.

Yesterday I birded a bit near the Rivanna and James rivers to look for
neotropical migrants.

I found yellowthroats in Fluvanna and just over the border in Cumberland
County, parula in Fluvanna, and yellow-throated warbler in Fluvanna,
Cumberland, and Buckingham. Louisiana waterthrush is also reported to have
returned to Fluvanna yesterday, but I didn't find one. All of the warblers
gave great looks, including two yellow-throateds which chased eachother
around near eye-level only ten feet away.

At the Columbia Boat Ramp in Cumberland, I had a group of cliff swallows
foraging over the bridge.

Other birds of note included a kestrel hunting over a large mowed backyard
along Turner Road in Fluvanna, and a female turkey on Shiloh Church Road in
Fluvanna.

Great birding,

Shea