Date: 4/14/18 8:41 pm
From: Doug Hitchcox <dhitchcox...>
Subject: Re: [Maine-birds] VIOLET-GREEN SWALLOW - Bar Harbor, 4/14
A quick update: the Violet-green Swallow was seen at Hamilton Pond until around 3:35PM. It stayed in the northeast corner, best viewed from Norway Drive, and occasionally alit on a small spruce in the yard to the north. It was last seen flying over the trees west toward the rest of the pond but wasn’t seen over the next hour. Winds were picking up and hail started shortly after so perhaps the bird was clearing out before the bad weather. I’d still encourage people to check this area of the pond tomorrow if looking for the bird.

Congrats again to Nathan Dubrow on a great find!

Good birding,

Doug Hitchcox

Sent from my iPhone