Date: 4/14/18 12:06 pm
From: Dave Brooke <davbrooke...>
Subject: Broad-winged hawk, Harrison Hills Park, Allegheny Co.
We were excited to see a Broad-winged hawk circle over us several times and
give good looks. We also watched 2 singing Louisiana Waterthrushes and I
presume a female chase up and down the creek near the Rachael Carson
falls.I'm hoping they are planning to breed there. There are several photos
on my checklist

Harrison Hills County Park, Allegheny, Pennsylvania, US
Apr 14, 2018 8:37 AM - 12:28 PM
Protocol: Traveling
3.5 mile(s)
35 species (+3 other taxa)

Canada Goose 2
Mallard 1
Bufflehead 1 On river as seen from Rachael Carson Trail
Great Blue Heron 2 a pair flew over Watts area towards the pond- 1
carrying nesting material
Turkey Vulture 7
Sharp-shinned Hawk 1
Bald Eagle 2 Seen over the Allegheny River towards River Forest from
Rachael Carson Trail. 1 adult and 1 sub-adlut
Broad-winged Hawk 1
Mourning Dove 4
Red-bellied Woodpecker 1
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker 1