Date: 4/14/18 11:33 am
From: 'Suzanne (Moses/Vedder) Mason' via Birders <birders...>
Subject: Re: [birders] Dark Morph Swainson’s Hawk. Lenawee County
I could swear I had one here in Newaygo Co on the 10th, but I couldn't get a good enough look to confirm. What made me think Swainson's was a glimpse of a dark bib, and it flew differently than the Red-tailed Hawk flying over the same field.
Suzanne in Big Rapids

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

On Sat, Apr 14, 2018 at 8:24 AM, 'Jeff Schultz' via Birders<birders...> wrote: Greetings Birders,

About 15 minutes ago, I had an adult, dark morph Swainson’s Hawk, perched in the rain on a telephone pole on Paragon Rd and Wisner Hwy.

The bird flushed after a couple of minutes, before flying over the field to the east, where it hovered in two differed spots and made a pass at something on the ground ground before  continued its flight east.

I was figuring/hoping the strong South/Southwest the other day might have brought in some goodies for the weekend.

Saludos,

Jeff Schultz

Sent from my iPhone

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org