Date: 4/14/18 4:29 am
From: Scott Richardson <scott.xot...>
Subject: Re: [Maine-birds] Tree Sparrows
Tree sparrows were down in my Berwick yard this winter, too. Looking back 5
years in eBird, this was my low point for both abundance and frequency. I
was getting 1 or 2 birds on just a third of my checklists in January and
February. More typical would be several tree sparrows on most days (80-90%
of Jan-Feb checklists in 2015 and 100% in 2014).

I frequently put data into eBird but only occasionally pull particulars
out, so thanks for the prompting, Don.

While our experience might be shared, it's not super obvious that Maine, as
a whole, saw the drop-off this winter. The 5-year chart for the state, also
generated by eBird, doesn't paint the same picture.

Happy Citizen Science Day.

Scott Richardson