Date: 4/13/18 5:44 pm
From: Andrew Block <ablock22168...>
Subject: [nysbirds-l] Swifts in the chimney
I was out in my yard caring for my plants and I heard some faint chittering coming from the unused chimney in my house.  I couldn't figure out where it was coming from at first but then realized it was in the chimney!  We've always had swifts flying around the house but it never occurred to me they were living in the chimney.  I'll have to keep an eye out at dusk to see if that is definitely what the noise is, but it sure sounds like that's what it is.
Andrew Andrew v. F. Block
Consulting Naturalist
20 Hancock Avenue, Apt. 3
Yonkers, Westchester Co., New York 10705-4629
www.flickr.com/photos/conuropsis/albums

ARCHIVES:
3) http://birding.aba.org/maillist/NY01

http://ebird.org/content/ebird/