Date: 4/12/18 7:18 pm
From: Charles Stirrat <stirrcr1...>
Subject: Re: [MDBirding] Green Heron location at Lake Kittamanqundi
It's not that obvious, I could not find the lodge yesterday until Clayton
Koonce who originally posted it provided me the following directions.
" If you walk toward the north end from the Lakefront, when you get to the
area of open woods and lawn there is a park bench with view of the north
section of the lake. (The bench is roughly at the mouth of the narrow north
end inlet with the floating plant platforms in it.) From around the point
where the bench is, look back along the west shore toward the Sheraton. The
beaver lodge can be seen on the shore. It's in a curve of the shore which
is not visible when you're looking from the path by the Sheraton, and
sometimes other birds are hiding along that stretch of shore."
The Green Heron was perched on the lodge right next to the water.
Chuck Stirrat
Ellicott City, MD

--
Chuck Stirrat