Date: 4/12/18 3:55 pm
From: 'Elda Banks' via Maryland & DC Birding <mdbirding...>
Subject: Re: [MDBirding] Vesper Sparrow at Wheaton Branch Stormwater Ponds
Thank you for your photos!Elda BanksSilver Spring

On Thursday, April 12, 2018, 4:53:27 PM EDT, 'MikeBowen' via Maryland & DC Birding <mdbirding...> wrote:

Made a brief stop at these ponds off Dennis Avenue in Wheaton (Montgomery County) just after noon today, en route to Costco Wheaton for mega-shopping.  To my surprise, there was a Vesper Sparrow, clearly a migrant, at the edge of one of the ponds.  Stayed around just long enough to get some photos. First time I've seen this species here. Pics embedded in my checklist at:  https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S44496960