Date: 4/11/18 4:59 am
From: 'Marcy Stutzman' via Maryland & DC Birding <mdbirding...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Re: Early access to Patuxent North Tract
I was also going to suggest the Little Patuxent River Oxbow Lake Nature Preserve, Oxbow Lake, for short. It is open from sunrise to sunset. Attached is the map and checklist I made. No bathroom facilities. Scope is helpful.

Directions: From Rte 198 turn north on Russett Green West. Drive .8 miles, turn north onto Oxbow Place. Do a U-turn at the second speed bump and park on the west side of Oxbow Place near the marked entrance to Oxbow Lake Preserve (about halfway between the two speed bumps).

Start your search for warblers at the entrance in the trees lining Oxbow Place. Then head to the 2nd speed bump and follow the trail to NE Lakeside. Check for Wilson's Snipe along the edge of the peninsula jutting out into the lake. Then follow the trail all the way to Eagle's Head Cove. Be sure to stop and bird along the way!

Afterwards head for North Tract or the trails at South Tract, where the National Wildlife Visitor Center is.

Marcy Stutzman
Russett, MD 20724
Oxbow Lake eBird Hotspot: https://ebird.org/hotspot/L470637