Date: 4/10/18 8:35 pm
From: David Suddjian <dsuddjian...>
Subject: [cobirds] Short-eared Owls Hwy 36 - Arapahoe and Adams Counties 4/10
Today as we returned from a very nice DFO field trip to Yuma County, we
spotted two *Short-eared Owls* foraging along Hwy 36 as we drove between
Byers and East Bijou Creek, along the Arapahoe / Adams line (which there
runs along the highway). East Bijou is the first notable drainage east of
Byers. It was 6:20 pm, mostly cloudy. We watched one foraging for several
minutes close to the highway, and then another flew from the roadside about
0.5 mile from the first. Also in Arapahoe, 5 *Burrowing Owls* were at the
prairie dog town along CR 269 at about 1.3 miles south of Hwy 36.

David Suddjian
Ken Caryl Valley
Littleton, CO