Date: 4/8/18 5:59 pm
From: 'James Tyler Bell' via Maryland & DC Birding <mdbirding...>
Subject: Re: [MDBirding] Black and White Warbler at Fort Howard today at 12:15pm
Remember, also, that if the bird is singing and you have your cell phone, use the voice recorder feature. The microphones on cell phones are remarkably sensitive. Worked great for me last week when a Blue-headed Vireo was singing about 100 feet away in a tree at home in St. Mary's. And often cell phone pix are identifiable. Most everyone has a cell phone anymore, right?

Tyler Bell
<jtylerbell...>
California, Maryland

On Sunday, April 8, 2018, 5:25:07 PM EDT, 'Jim Stasz' via Maryland & DC Birding <mdbirding...> wrote:

Hi Folks,
eBird Reviewers do not need photographs for everything. Photos help, but a description works. How detailed a description depends on the difficulty of identification.  Like the Lord High Executioner says "Let the punishment fit the crime".

Jim
Jim StaszNorth Beach <MDjlstasz...>
In a message dated 4/8/2018 5:19:08 PM Eastern Standard Time, <debrataylor11...> writes:

I saw what I believe to be a Black and White Warbler near the playground/water at Fort Howard State Park, 12:15 Sunday (today). Of course my photographer (Lou, was way in front of me and missed taking a shot).
I looked on eBird to see when they usually show up in that general area, not usually for another 2 1/2 weeks.

Can I still report it even though it is early and no pix?

Thanks,

Debbie Taylor

Hope it's ok to ask this here.