Date: 4/7/18 3:29 pm
From: Arthur Shippee via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Hamden Lake Whitney Heronry: Waite bridge & causeway Lake Whitney, Apr 7, 2018
Upper Lake Whitney: 9 total GBHE, 8 on the 3 nests visible from Waite St. bridge, Hamden.

Original Nest 1 in center & most visible. Nest 3, used last year, up & to left. Nest 3, new this year, one tree to the right. (I had thought Nest 3 was being built on the other side of that pine tree, but I couldn't see evidence of one there today.)

Panorama on e-bird of 3 nests. If you take a few steps from the bridge sidewalk to E., towards Whitney, you can see all 3 pretty well. Further pictures on the CT Audubon Facebook bird pictures page.

Also, 14 other Wood Duck & 3 Ring-necked around towards Mather St. All on e-bird.

I did not see an osprey while I was there, nor any Great Egrets.

Arthur Shippee