Date: 4/6/18 1:18 pm
From: Kent McFarland <kmcfarland...>
Subject: [VTBIRD] VT eBird nears 275K checklists!
Vermont eBird is about to reach a major milestone. In our 15th year, we are
poised to reach 275,000 complete bird checklists. With less than 500
checklists to go, who will add that magical one? The prize, besides our
thanks and appreciation? An official eBird baseball cap will be sent to the
main observer. In just a decade-and-a-half, the checklists that bird
watchers have shared have helped make Vermont eBird the largest citizen
science biodiversity project in the State and around the world.

We’ve had 6,660 Vermont eBirders submit over 274,500 checklists,
representing all 384 species of birds ever reported from Vermont. Birders
have added over 30,000 images and over 1,400 sound recordings to Vermont
checklists. And we join the more than 390,000 eBirders have submitted over
500 million bird sightings on nearly 28 million complete checklists,
representing 10,371 species across every country in the world!

​Learn more, follow cool links, and see what a map of all observations
looks like on the Vermont eBird Blog -
https://ebird.org/vt/news/countdown-to-275000-checklists-on-vermont-ebird

Good eBirding!
Kent​