Date: 4/6/18 10:57 am
From: Marc Ribaudo via VA-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [VA-bird] Prince William whip-poor will and Occoquan Bay NWR
I was on Breckinridge Road in eastern Prince William County pre-dawn and heard an eastern whip-poor will calling.  It was deep in the woods about .4 miles down the road.  Mission accomplished I went to Occoquan Bay NWR and netted 68 species.  Bonaparte's gulls are definitely moving, and I saw over 70.  About 50 were in a single, tight flock overhead, heading northwest.  Also seen were a common merganser, Caspian and Forster's terns, many horned grebes, a kestrel, great egret, and several bright yellow palm warblers.

Marc Ribaudo

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Droid