Date: 4/6/18 9:06 am
From: Paul Plotnick via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: Re: [CT Birds] Early or too early?
Interesting. Mockingbirds down here in south Florida where I am currently,
do not seem to have the same varied mimicry repertoire as up north. Many
more repeated original phrases with an occasional Blue Jay or Cardinal
thrown in to confuse you. Perhaps south Florida doesn't have that many
breeding birds that Mockingbirds have to defend their territories against.
Since I don't stay down here all year round, I'll have to ask some local
experts what they think.