Date: 4/2/18 11:30 am
From: Andrew Tillinghast <andrewtillinghast...>
Subject: Re: [birders] Interesting Titmouse Behavior
Interesting observation! I wonder if titmice, like the chickadees in the
link, vary their calls to communicate information about predators. Maybe
your birds were conversing about the same Cooper’s hawk.

http://www.washington.edu/news/2005/06/23/chickadees-alarm-calls-carry-information-about-size-threat-of-predator/

Andrew Tillinghast

Ann Arbor

--
Sent from a cell phone so please read leniently.

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/CA%<2BquiqfEwFiN4qs1priyEU7zR4FHXXg4eeFVRGWMJZD144DC5w...>