Date: 4/2/18 7:59 am
From: Donna Lee Scott <dls9...>
Subject: [cayugabirds-l] what a difference...
...a day makes!

Yesterday (Sunday) I too went up the lake and thru Montezuma's Wildlife Drive and Tschache Pool areas, areas Laura Stenzler described Saturday.
I saw no Canvasbacks in the main pool, although maybe I missed a few way across, and not too many waterfowl anywhere,
and Tschache pool was no longer "wall to wall" ducks! I guess they all moved on north?

Still, it was wonderful seeing the many bird species I did see and I ended at East Rd./Knox Marcellus for a quick look before I had to head home at 3 PM. One swan and 2-3 real Snow Geese at K-M.

I say "real Snow Geese" because across from the Potatoes building on Rt. 31 I saw a lot of "Tyvek" Snow Geese decoys arrayed in a field and later saw a similar array of the puffy, blowing-around fake geese off the Rt. 326 shortcut from Rt. 90 to Rt. 34B. I don't know if the special goose hunting season is still on or not.

This morning as I filled bird feeders here on Lansing Station Rd by Cay. L., I heard 2 Common Loons calling loudly and seemingly-joyously to each other!

Donna L. Scott
535 Lansing Station Road
Lansing, NY

ARCHIVES: