Date: 4/2/18 6:24 am
From: David Boltz via VA-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [VA-bird] Big Duck Day on Lake Frederick, Frederick Co.
I am in Pennsylvania today but I’ve gotten 2 messages from both Dave Carr and Bill Parkin about a massive gathering of ducks on Lake Frederick this morning. It’s probably worth a trip there if you want some good late season waterfowl.

From Bill:

The largest group are Scaup (probably 250 Greater & Lesser). There are also Buffleheads, Northern Shovelers, Mallards, Gadwall, Redheads, Long-tailed Ducks, Ruddy Ducks, & Hooded & Red-breasted Mergansers. Also Bonaparte Gulls, Horned Grebes, Double-crested Cormorants, & a few Canada Geese.

Dave Boltz
Lake Frederick

Sent from my iPhone