Date: 4/1/18 5:08 am
From: Rich Wickman <rich.wickman...>
Subject: Re: [VTBIRD] VTBIRD Digest - 30 Mar 2018 to 31 Mar 2018 (#2018-88)
FOY White Throat at 605 this am, singing a fairly weak song. But still
nice to hear!!
Just south of Chipman Hill.

Rich Wickman
Middlebury



<https://mailtrack.io/> Sent with Mailtrack
<https://mailtrack.io?utm_source=gmail&utm_medium=signature&utm_campaign=signaturevirality&>

Rich Wickman
<rich.wickman...>
802-355-1449

On Sun, Apr 1, 2018 at 12:00 AM, VTBIRD automatic digest system <
<LISTSERV...> wrote:

> There are 6 messages totaling 140 lines in this issue.
>
> Topics of the day:
>
> 1. Tree Swallows (3)
> 2. swan in Milton? (2)
> 3. Hooded mergansers at Berlin Pond
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2018 11:47:05 -0400
> From: Mundi Smithers <amen1farm...>
> Subject: Tree Swallows
>
> I’ve been out cleaning up the garden and was just aware that FOY Tree
> Swallows were filling the sky around me!!! So exciting!!!
>
> Mundi
> North Pownal
>
>
>
> Mundi Smithers
>
>
> The greatest tragedy in mankind's enitire history may be the hijacking of
> morality by religion.
> Arthur C Clarke (1917-2008)
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2018 13:41:04 -0400
> From: michelep <michelep...>
> Subject: swan in Milton?
>
> I was on Route 89 driving towards the islands exit 17 when I saw a swan in
> one of the wetlands to the east of Route 89. It was about 1 mile before the
> islands exit just before the the Big Green highway sign. I was not able to
> stop.
>
>
> <Michelep...>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2018 14:25:44 -0400
> From: Richard Harlow <raharlow...>
> Subject: Re: Tree Swallows
>
> Same here in Middlebury, as a matter of fact I was cleaning out nest
> boxes and two Tree Swallows swooped down and were not happy with me.
> First time I've had that happen end of March!
> Dick Harlow
>
>
>
> On 3/31/18 11:47, Mundi Smithers wrote:
> > I’ve been out cleaning up the garden and was just aware that FOY Tree
> Swallows were filling the sky around me!!! So exciting!!!
> >
> > Mundi
> > North Pownal
> >
> >
> >
> > Mundi Smithers
> >
> >
> > The greatest tragedy in mankind's enitire history may be the hijacking
> of morality by religion.
> > Arthur C Clarke (1917-2008)
> >
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2018 16:50:47 -0400
> From: Larry Clarfeld <lclarfeld...>
> Subject: Re: swan in Milton?
>
> Was there at 3:45-ish as seen from I-89 southbound. No ID possible from
> that side of the highway.
>
> - Larry
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On Mar 31, 2018, at 1:41 PM, michelep <michelep...> wrote:
> >
> > I was on Route 89 driving towards the islands exit 17 when I saw a swan
> in one of the wetlands to the east of Route 89. It was about 1 mile before
> the islands exit just before the the Big Green highway sign. I was not able
> to stop.
> >
> >
> > <Michelep...>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2018 17:37:10 -0400
> From: "Linda L. Hall" <lhall...>
> Subject: Re: Tree Swallows
>
> can you send brand/info of long handled clippers you used to cut bushes?
> thanks
>
> On Sat, Mar 31, 2018 at 11:47 AM, Mundi Smithers <amen1farm...>
> wrote:
>
> > I’ve been out cleaning up the garden and was just aware that FOY Tree
> > Swallows were filling the sky around me!!! So exciting!!!
> >
> > Mundi
> > North Pownal
> >
> >
> >
> > Mundi Smithers
> >
> >
> > The greatest tragedy in mankind's enitire history may be the hijacking of
> > morality by religion.
> > Arthur C Clarke (1917-2008)
> >
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2018 18:56:54 -0400
> From: Tom slayton <slayton.tom...>
> Subject: Hooded mergansers at Berlin Pond
>
> The pond is mostly still frozen, but in the wetland south of the pond,
> there were two male hooded mergansers and a single female. One of the males
> was displaying madly for the female, who seemed unimpressed. The other male
> kept his distance, and his cool.
> At the north end a couple of pairs of mallards and one ring- necked
> duck. Redwings and grackles everywhere. No tree swallows this evening.
> Tom Slayton
>
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
> ------------------------------
>
> End of VTBIRD Digest - 30 Mar 2018 to 31 Mar 2018 (#2018-88)
> ************************************************************
>
 
Join us on Facebook!