Date: 3/30/18 10:32 pm
From: Devon Comstock <devonc78...>
Subject: Re: [COBOL] In reply to Tom Crabtree
As a long time reader of COBOL and former Central Oregon resident, I had
some recollection that perhaps this rule about not posting information on
trips outside Central Oregon has previously been bent (I know for a fact
that I myself have been a past culprit), without the same discourse that
this most egregious post on Oregon coastal birds has been subject to. My
memory proved correct, when a quick search of the archives, for March
alone, turned up a trip report from Honduras (not even the same country).

You can review the post made March 10th here:

https://lists.oregonstate.edu/pipermail/cobol/2018-March/016258.html

In general a smattering of these postings from outside the geographic focus
area seem innocuous enough, but, rules are rules and they should be applied
consistently. I'm sure the Toms would agree.

Greetings from Washington State
Devon Comstock

P.S. I always wondered why the official list moderators couldn't just have
a civilized private conversation when a poster steps outside the bounds of
conformity?