Date: 3/30/18 6:25 pm
From: Josh <opihi...>
Subject: Re: [MASSBIRD] Peepers-yes
Peepers are not the only amphibians out and about. Wood Frogs were calling on Wednesday at the Fort River Trail in Hadley (a division of the Silvio O Conte NWR). Last night saw a HUGE migration by Spotted Salamanders at the famous Amherst salamander tunnels. A researcher working there last night, deploying volunteers with notebooks, kept a running tally of the number observed or assisted crossing the road, and finished the night with a count of 357!

Eastern Painted Turtles have been out basking for over a week now, I saw my first on March 19, so reptiles are coming out too…

Good birding and herping and stuff….

JSR

Joshua S. Rose, Ph.D.
Amherst, MA
http://bugguide.net/user/view/2399
https://www.facebook.com/opihi

> On Mar 30, 2018, at 6:59 PM, bank1941 <bank1941...> wrote:
>

> M'bers, nice to finally hear the peepers in the wetlands behind the house tonight.
>

> Joe
>

> Joe Paluzzi
> Salem, MA. USA
>

> Sent by my Verizon tablet