Date: 3/30/18 6:48 am
From: Brenda Tekin via VA-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [VA-bird] FOS Broad-winged Hawk
Just now, watched my FOS BROAD-WINGED HAWK circling right overhead at our place! Was getting started in yard work and was listening to a Field Sparrow singing from our side yard. Need to check but I think this is first for our yard. Anyway, I located it about 11 o’clock on outer branch when I first saw the hawk come sailing across from east to more south. It flew under and past a circling vulture but then turned to fly back and circle with it. It was there, circling, for several seconds so I dashed inside to grab camera that was just inside the door but when I returned no vulture or Broad-winged.

Brenda
Brenda Tekin
Stuarts Draft, VA
(Sent from my iPhone)