Date: 3/29/18 12:27 pm
From: John Beetham <john.beetham...>
Subject: Re: [JERSEYBI] 1. Tides, and 2. Jerseybirds posts
If you don't want to get emails about it, you can also view the rare birds
reported in New Jersey on the eBird site:
https://ebird.org/alert/summary?sid=SN35544

That page shows birds that are rare for the county where they were reported
from the past week. For other regions, see here: https://ebird.org/alerts

John Beetham
Highland Park, NJ

On Thu, Mar 29, 2018 at 3:05 PM, Marty DeAngelo <martytdx...> wrote:

> You can set up alerts for states and I believe counties that will tell you
> what's being seen that isn't in your list for the year or ever.
>
> On Thu, Mar 29, 2018 at 3:03 PM, John McCarthy and Linda Stehlik <
> <jmcclins...> wrote:
>
> > The app that I found for NOAA Tides and Currents is poor. There is an
> app
> > called tidesnearme
> >
> > https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=me.tidesnear.free&hl=en
> >
> > I just downloaded that and it will show the last few stations you have
> > looked up.
> >
> > You will want to be aware of what station is nearest your location.
> >

> > Issue with Jerseybirds and Ebird
> >
> > I found out there have been 1 or 2 Tufted Ducks at North Pond, Sandy
> Hook
> > for about a week. If I had known I would have gone over there right away
> > - It is 11 miles from my house. It looks like birders are communicating
> > other ways than Jerseybirds. In fact some said, it was “all over” Ebird
> > for a week.
> >
> > I find it really hard to use Ebird to know there is an interesting bird
> > being seen nearby. Do I have to go on there every morning and search for
> > lists for all of Monmouth County, choose this month, and click on the
> > hotspots to read various lists posted there? And what about other
> > counties? Or is there some other way?
> >
> > Thanks to the people who do post to Jerseybirds: Sandra Keller, Bob
> > Dodelson, Yong Kong, Scott Barnes, Bill Elrick, and more. And thank you
> > Laurie Larsen.
> >
> > Good birding,
> >
> > Linda Stehlik
> >

> > How to report NJ bird sightings: see <www.njbrc.com/index.php/