Date: 3/28/18 5:24 pm
From: Juliet Berger <juliet.berger...>
Subject: Re: [birders] Northern Mockingbird
Thanks Dan! This bird has been hanging out there since last fall, and
thankfully, seems to have survived our cold winter. I saw it two weeks
ago, as did Larry Lanphear, who alerted me that it was still there.
It was seen off and on over the winter at the same location and I was
especially happy to be able to record it for the Christmas Bird Count.
We are so excitedly hoping for it to find a mate and start a population of
Northern Mockingbirds at Gallup, South Pond, and the Huron Hills Golf
Course, all of which look to be
perfect habitat for this species.
The bird is pretty tame. Please, birders, don't use playback to locate
this bird, which has been on territory for months. We'd like her/him to
stay!!
Also, please let Birders and me at NAP know if you hear any Mockingbird
song at this location as spring gets into full swing.
Thanks, again and,
Good birding,

Juliet Berger

*Juliet Berger *| *Ornithologist* | *<napbirds...>
<https://mail.a2gov.org/owa/redir.aspx?C=PCErj1N2swn5mFzbBfPNUesPFXNYOrrP-Oa__wgJSLLFcboaC5XVCA..&URL=mailto%<3anapbirds...>*
*Ci**t*
*y of Ann Arbor Natural Area Preservation*3875 E. Huron River Drive | Ann
Arbor | Michigan | 48104 | 734.794.6627
*Office*http://www.a2gov.org/NAP
<https://mail.a2gov.org/owa/redir.aspx?C=l_g5zIvoxv_SLai2EhhJ0u23pLt9NW82w7IU0OYTZD_FcboaC5XVCA..&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.a2gov.org%2fNAP>
| http://www.facebook.com/ann.arbor.NAP
<https://mail.a2gov.org/owa/redir.aspx?C=82zTsXckILhECILJQVjLHiULHCcl8EHlKOu4gyJ7ZV3FcboaC5XVCA..&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.facebook.com%2fann.arbor.NAP>

HELP NAP MONITOR WILDLIFE!

*Join us for one **of** these kickoff and training events!*

*Registration required, contact NAP at 734.794.6627 or <NAP...>
<https://mail.a2gov.org/owa/redir.aspx?C=_vk8g0Z2xAYM-z3ehHNz_JRrbP2OAlTwCTIX4VJxnjbFcboaC5XVCA..&URL=mailto%<3aNAP...>.*

Breeding Bird Survey, Thursday, April 12, 7-9 p.m., NAP Office

Turtle Steward, Saturday, April 21, 10 a.m. to noon, Ann Arbor Senior Center

Butterfly Survey, Saturday, May 12, 1:30-4 p.m., NAP Office

For more information check out the NAP Stewardship Calendar
<https://mail.a2gov.org/owa/redir.aspx?C=RllBxxOC5rbzccSQbonYjIgnRusbcAGrFgWukjfe_93FcboaC5XVCA..&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.a2gov.org%2fNAPevents>
,

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/CABVs24Jrw_90ndQcSd%2BVO0QJnQMVQc%2BQzv%<3DoLv472z4HusOVEQ...>