Date: 3/26/18 10:53 am
From: Allen Chartier <amazilia3...>
Subject: Re: [birders] Pine siskin courtship
Bill,

Back in spring 2009, Pine Siskins were confirmed or suspected of breeding
in about half of the southern Lower Peninsula counties, where they
typically never nest. In my own yard, I caught and banded a female in April
that was clearly forming an egg, and in mid-May I banded at least one
juvenile. Then they all left by late May...possibly breeding again farther
north that summer.

Allen T. Chartier
Inkster, Michigan
Email: <amazilia3...>