Date: 3/26/18 7:37 am
From: Teage O'Connor <badger.meli...>
Subject: Re: [VTBIRD] Eagles Champlain Bridge, Mar 26, 2018
I spotted an eagle yesterday morning down by Oakledge in Burlington. While
that was great in itself, the best part was that the eagle was being
harassed by a ring-billed gull. I've seen this in lots of other species,
but never ring-billed gulls. And it was just a lone gull playing the pest.
It kept swooping down and scolding the eagle, until eventually the eagle
flew off with the gull following it.

Teage O'Connor
Crow's Path <http://www.crowspath.org/> | Phyllotaxy.com
<http://phyllotaxy.com/>
(802) 557-7127

<http://www.instagram.com/crowspathvt> <http://phyllotaxy.com/blog>
<http://www.crowspath.org/>

On 25 March 2018 at 16:39, Sue <2birdvt...> wrote:

> Eagles were easy to count, geese however are an estimate and likely low.
> Waterfowl were quite far out.
> Sue Wetmore
>
> Sent from my iPod
>

> > Subject: eBird Report - Champlain Bridge, Mar 26, 2018
> >
> > Champlain Bridge, Addison, Vermont, US
> > Mar 26, 2018 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM
> > Protocol: Stationary
> > 13 species
> >
> > Canada Goose 600
> > American Black Duck 2
> > Ring-necked Duck 6
> > Greater Scaup 40
> > Lesser Scaup 5 Only birds I could positively ID others to fsr out.
> > Bufflehead 2
> > Common Goldeneye 20
> > Common Merganser 15
> > Double-crested Cormorant 1
> > Bald Eagle 5 An immature flew over the flocks and appeared to get a
> fish.
> > Ring-billed Gull 10
> > Great Black-backed Gull 4
> > American Crow 4